Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I have just come out of Chapter 7 BKY. There were assetts left

I have just come out of Chapter 7 BKY. There were assetts left over after paying creditors. One of them was a vehicle that the trustee did not take posession of and my exwife did not surrender it nor did her BKY attorney force her to do so. Now that it is out of the trustee and the title is in my name....but is my ex also liable if anything happens to the vehicle. She has allowed someone to use it without my permission.

What leverage do I have other than insuring the vehicle, to get her to act responsibly?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

The vehicle is titled in your name and not your ex-wife's. Therefore, consider requesting that she return the vehicle to you immediately. If she does not, contact the police and report the theft of your vehicle.