socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

We need a BK Attorney in Texas Texas C Corp has 3 Judgements.

We need a BK Attorney in Texas?

Texas C Corp has 3 Judgements. 1 Texas Attorney 3 times says they should dissolve, want to charge $5000.

What direction would you suggest:

Texas Corporation, does buying of equip items for Foreign Companies and makes a commission off of the purchase, they earn about 5%.

The Shareholders have borrowed $100,000 from Co (from Equip Purch Deposits) to pay Wire Transfer Fees that a Foreign Company/Individual keep saying are due before $ can be released (which is in Million Dollarts) from a Contract with a Foreign Business about 11 years ago.

3 dollar Judgements against Texas Corp. CA Attorney kept Creditors quiet, now Creditors demand Money back. Corp doesn't have funds.

The Co nor S/H have no equity, so there is not much to go after, A Vehicle and a House- the debts almost equal to fmv hse & vehicle. Work from home.

What can the Creditors do to S/H or Corp about paying back $100,000?
Jail time a possibility?
Already Inc & Use New Corp.
Suggestions?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

A: Creditors could sue under Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act and force the shareholders to repay the corporation, and thereby satisfy creditor judgments to the extent of the money recovered.

Jail time a possibility?

A: Yes, if a criminal complaint were acted upon by the district attorney. However, most of the time, with this sort of white collar crime, the DA doesn't act, in the hopes that the creditors will spend their own money to try to collect. Then, if the creditors succeed, the DA can use the creditor's judgment as evidence of criminal culpability. Still may decide to not prosecute.

Already Inc & Use New Corp.

Suggestions?

You could offer to pay the creditors everything that's left in the C Corp, in exchange for a release from further liability, and then just close the doors on that business.

Re the $100K, you may want to seriously consider putting it back -- but, it's your call.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think you did not focus on the fact that the shareholders nor the Corp have any equity, re think the answer.

You apparently have some particular argument in mind whereby the owners cannot be reached due to the corporation's lack of equity. However, if creditors can show that the corporation's assets were plundered, then they will "pierce the corporate veil" and the shareholders -- especially the board members and officers may be held personally liable for the misappropriation of assets.

Feel free to explain what you're trying to accomplish, because otherwise, my answer in correct.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are mixing up things. Money came from legitimate collections from Corporation
Sales. There can not be missappropiation of funds, when Corporation has a
legitimate Contract when the name of the President of the Corporation is
also the Beneficiary.

You describe that the "shareholders borrowed" from the corporation to pay a corporate debt. Shareholders don't borrow from their own corporation to pay a corporate debt, because the shareholders aren't legally liable for the debt in the first place.

If I were representing a creditor, I would want to know where that money went and who this "foreign" individual is. And, if I were a judge, I would be hoping to hear testimony re the entire audit trail of the money and the nature of the relationship between this foreign person and the shareholder -- because it looks like a sham transaction intended to extract money from the corporation to the impairment of creditors.

Moreover, if the President is also a personal beneficiary of a corporate contract, then the President can be held personally liable for debts associated with that contract.

In either of the above circumstances, there is grounds to "pierce the corporate veil" and hold the shareholders personally liable for the losses of the creditors -- at least in the amount of $100,000.

Now, if it turns out that this $100,000 in fees was a perfectly legitimate expense, then no one has anything to worry about. I'm merely pointing out that something looks fishy in your statement of facts, and under the law, if what I'm describing can be proved, then that's misappropriation, because the shareholders would have been unjustly enriched at the benefit of the creditors in the amount of $100,000 -- in which case, they would be obligated to return the money.

Don't shoot the messenger -- I'm just telling you what I find, based on your stated facts.

socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All of the funds used have a very precise trail and the funds went to Officer Officials of diversified institutions, like Banks. Collateral documents are on hand for the payments, NONE was used for personal pursposes. The SH have not even been paid a salary and this is not a sham.

I was looking for the fact that there is no funds for SH or Corp to pay and what does that lead the trail to the end of this.

The SH have done a fabulous job of tracking everything, and this is all related to a Contract that is valid, as other Attorney's have worked with us on this issue in the past for many years.

The Contract pending could be paid any day now. They have received a call recently in regards XXXXX XXXXX from Officials in the Country. The SH do know who these people are due to family contacts in the Country and I apologize if the way I wrote the information was misleading.

If there was no misappropriation, then all the damage will be contained within the corporation. Shareholders are only liable to the extent of their respective investment -- which means that their stock will be zeroed out. And, that will be the end of things.

But, if the company is receiving $1 million in revenue, then maybe a Chapter 11 is iin order to try to keep the creditors at bay and continue to run the corporation.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great job, thank you