Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My husband is thinking about filing chapter 7 some where in

My husband is thinking about filing chapter 7 some where in the distance future, I am not filing with him. But because my name is XXXXX XXXXX some property this throw me in the way. I dont work and havent for years. I dont want to file. He will be filing in about 2-3 months. How will this hurt me with the land that my mother left to me. I was going to give it to my daughter anyway. She is my only living child.
It should not effect the property you own directly. However, any accounts you have jointly will be solely your responsibility once your husband files bankruptcy and is discharged.