WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

my father filled bankruptcy about 7 months ago... he had put

Customer Question

my father filled bankruptcy about 7 months ago... he had put an equity loan as part of it to.... no bills or notices came to the house so he thought it had been cleared when he did the filling for bankruptcy... then a few days ago he got a letter that if he didint pay about $7,000 he would loose the house!!! weve been trying to anwers but all the numbers we call just give us another number to call. it just seems unfair that there was no?what should we do to solve this stressful situation??
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.
IF THE BANK EQUITY LOAN IS LISTED ON THE PAPERWORK ON THE LIST OF CREDITORS AND A NOTICE WAS SENT TO THEM ACCORDING TO THE CREDITOR MATRIX, (CHECK THE PETITION) THAN HE IS FINE, THE BANK CANNOT COME AFTER HIM, IN FACT THEIR IN VIOLATION OF THE FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY LAWS AND CAN BE FINED FOR TRYING TO COLLECT ON A DEBT THAT WAS DISCHARGED.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so what should he do.... i mean they the notices states that if he does not pay up he can lose then house. what step can he take. just disregard who can we call to make sure they do not put the house for auction. he does not want to loose the house, but it doesnot seem fair to what they did to him after he filled
HAVE YOUR BANKRUPTCY LAWYER NOTIFY THEM IN WRITING THEIR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW, THEY MUST STOP IF NOT GO TO THE BANKRUPTCY COURT AND NTIFY THEM ALSO CALL THE TRUSTEE OFFICE AND THEY WILL CONTACT THEM AND FINE THEM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so even if this creditor was put on the petition, does that mean they all qualify? and if not are they responsible for sending a notice that it did not qualify as part of the bankruptcy that was filled and there fore we have to pay? shouldve we expected such notice that informs us that all the creditors passed through or some did not qualify? how do we obtain such information
if listed their debt was taken care of, you should have received a discharge letter from the court, ask your attorney he would have gotten it to, if not go to the bankruptcy court clerk they will give it to you, with a copy of the history of the case.