Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

my wife file for bankruptcy over some credit cards that I was

my wife file for bankruptcy over some credit cards that I was not aware she had. However they are using some information such as my income and my bank statement. I have always play by the rules and have a good credit. I am wondering if this bankruptcy will affect my credit. I live in the state of Florida.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Your wife's bankruptcy does not affect your credit. The reason that the attorney is requesting your financial information is because all household income is considered in determining whether your wife should file a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you. However, if I have not fully answered your question, please post me back on this thread with a clarification.