Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Filed Chapter 11 in Arizona, Real estate Developer gone bust,

Filed Chapter 11 in Arizona, Real estate Developer gone bust, converting to 7. moved to wisconsin for a new job. following Az rules due to the 180 day rule. waiting for discharge. spend my dollars for attorneys on the chp. 11, doing my own on the 7. Any big things to watch for during the discharge? one car paid off, one upside down on loan, making payments. making house payments. working on repairing credit. my credit was great until real estate went bust. any ideas repairing credit?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Just make sure that the discharge paperwork includes all debts you listed (that you haven't re-affirmed). If there are debts that aren't listed, there is a chance that they'll survive the bankruptcy and the creditor can come after you post-discharge.

It happens more than you would like to think!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that is what others have told me. any other things to watch out for? tricks on dealing with trustee? I have heard that can be difficult. worried they may try NOT to let me discharge and try an move it from Az to Wi. which has less home stead exemptions. but lived in Az for 7 years prior and 120 days of the previous 180 days in arizona. met income for chapter 7 when i filed. any other advise?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
<p>No. The trustee has to act with a fiduciary duty toward the court and the bankrupt. The trustee isn't likely going to pull any tricks. </p><p> </p><p>Just be sure you read everything you or the judge signs! When you get to the finish line, some are so ready to sign the final paperwork and be done that they let a detail slip - like a debt not being discharged. </p>