WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Im sorry I was just on line aked a question and hit a wrong

I'm sorry I was just on line aked a question and hit a wrong key. The question what steps would i need to file banruptcy on my behalf Washington,D.C. How to go about getting the forms and can I feel them out and file without the assisatnce of a lawyer because my funds are very stretch at this time.
BANKRUPTCY IS GOVERNED BY FEDERAL LAW SO IT IS THE SAME BASICALLY IN MOST PLACES ACROSS THE US, THEY HAVE ALL THE FORMS AND PROCEDURES THEY USUALLY HAVE A PRO SE CLERK TO DISCUSS THE MATTER WITH YOU.

HOWEVER BEFORE YOU DO THAT UNDER NEW LAWS YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE A PRE FILING CERTIFICATE COURSE, IT IS A COURSE WHICH WILL REVIEW YOUR FINANCES AND SEND YOU A CERTIFICATE TO FILE WITH THE COURT IN ORDER TO FILE.

A COMPANY SUCH AS NOVADEBT.ORG HAS THIS COURSE ALSO THE COURT WILL REFER YOU TO OTHER ONES

FIRST CONTACT THE BANKRUPTCY COURT IN DC
http://www.dcb.uscourts.gov/clerksoffice.htm
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you I will begin tomorrow with contacting the banruptcy court in DC and go from there. Do you have an ideal as to how long the entire process will take once I have started.
ONCE THE CERTIFICATE IS DONE YOU CAN FILE ASAP, THE ENTIRE PROCESS IS LESS THAN 3 MONTHS