Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Im in TX, Im on SSA Disability for @ 7 yrs or so. Im still

I'm in TX, I'm on SSA Disability for @ 7 yrs or so. I'm still looking for atty but before I file I need to use a CC to make a reservation and payl be $200 or less n to include in bankruptcy. At this time all my bills are current. I've looked at lots of poverty and bankruptcy rules and I'm definitely below poverty line. This month is last month I get $658/mo in disability for my son, he's turning 18. He'll still be living here while commuting to a WTAMU. I'm pretty sure I qualify for Chap 7. I've been separated for 23months. Before my next CC payments come due, I plan to call all them & explain situation b/c it's like I lost a job and to see if they will give me 3mo or more break. How long before bankruptcy hearing will any newer charges I've made will still be able to be included in bankruptcy? When they say you can keep one car, does that include my son's car for that he commutes to. Even though my name is XXXXX XXXXX I DO NOT make mo/pmts, my soon to be ex husband is paying it.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
Whatever the balance owed on your debts as of the day of filing will be discharged. Creditors have the right to object for recent usage. The rule is $600 over the 90 days before filing. Therefore, you should avoid using the credit cards if you plan on filing. The creditors can still object, even if you haven't charged 600, if there is a patten of abuse.
The cards will be cancelled upon filing. For your car, you can choose to reaffirm the debt so you can keep the vehicle.