FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I just received a writ of execution There is a judgement against

Customer Question

I just received a writ of execution There is a judgement against me. It states that my property could be held or taken to pay the judgement. It is a credit card. My condominium is the only asset I have. I have 238 month income and could not pay what the monthly amount was that I had to pay. I tried very hard. I did not file for bankruptcy I had credit counseling. I was told that I couln`t qualify because I did not have enough income for bankruptcy. I am the widow of a Vietnam vet I tried so hard but because of my pride it is very likely that I will end up homeless. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Who told you that could not file for bankruptcy protection because you do not have enough money when not having enough money to pay for your expneses is the reason for filing for bankruptcy protection?

How much is your condo worth?

How much do you current owe on it--how much is the outstanding mortgage on it?

How much do you make in a year?

You make $238.00 a month?

How many people are in your household?

Do you have car?

If so, has the car been paid off or is there a loan on the car?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not own a car. 238/month is my income My condo is the only thing I own It`s value is about 120,000 The writ of execution just states property. There is no timeframe. 2 people reside here.
Thanks for getting back to me.

I will now opt out and give another expert an opportunity to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have on assets except my cond. The taxes are paid. I received a certificate of counseling 09/26.At that time Consumer Credit Counseling of Delaware notified them about my inability to pay the minimum balance on my card. Up to my health problems and loss of a job I had always paid on time. I had a praecipe for default judgement 0ct.26/2007.The debt started at about 5000 and is now 1100. I did start making payments at 350/monthly. I did not sign anything. Over the phone I told them I could not make this high of a payment and they said I had no choice. I was paying off my debts one by one. The counselor had told me that I did not have even enough money to meet my basic needs or file for bankruptcy