Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

My husband and I are involved in a civil lawsuit against a

Customer Question

My husband and I are involved in a civil lawsuit against a family where our dog bit a child. The dog was put down and my husband went to court for reckless endangerment and has two years probation. My husband and I filed bankruptcy in this case and it was discharged. The court set up a settlement conference and I am not sure if my husband and I have to attend. Some people in the court tracking assignment say yes and other people and our bankruptcy lawyer say no. But we are not sure if we need an attorney for the settlement conference.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

The matter appears to have been discharged in your bankruptcy. If you have been served a subpoena, you must attend. Otherwise you do not need to attend if the matter was discharged in the bankruptcy.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Is a Notice of Civil Track Assignment and Scheduling order the same as a subpoena.

Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

I have never heard it called that.