Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I HAD FILED A BANKRUPTCY AND CAME THROUGH AND LEFT THE COUNTRY

I HAD FILED A BANKRUPTCY AND IT CAME THROUGH. THAN I LEFT THE COUNTRY 5 YEARS AGO.I AM A US CITIZEN LIVING ABROAD.I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT A JURY AWARDED $ 1.2 MILLION JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME IN MY ABSENCE..WOULD THAT MAKE A PROBLEM FOR ME COMING TO VISIT MY COUNTRY?I HAVE BEEN AWAY SINCE NOVEMBER 2003.

No, a civil judgment will not prevent you from coming to visit this country.

You need to check your bankruptcy papers. If you included the lawsuit in your bankruptcy and it was not excepted from discharge for some reason, then your bankruptcy could have taken care of the judgment.

Check your papers to be sure.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok .Thank you but,my bankruptcy came *ACCEPTED*first and a year later the lawsuit the 1.2 million dollar judgement CAME AGAINST ME+THIS WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE BANKRUPTCY BUT I REMEMBER I PUT THE CASE N UMBER ON THAT FILE SO HOPEFULLY IT SUCKED THAT IN IT TOO I PRAY IT DID

If you put the case number XXXXX your bankruptcy case filing, then you should be ok.