johngibson15219, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar 1980. I'm familiar with the new law.

the is a blaance owing on a vehicle that no longer runs and

Customer Question

the is a blaance owing on a vehicle that no longer runs and hasent for over 8 months. my daughter is the regestered owner but not the title holder. she called ford motor to have them tow it away, they wont and told her she needs to pay off the balance(under $800.00) to get the title. she dosent know what to do . she is low income and disabled.this vehicle was in bankrupcy procedings about 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 7 years ago.
If she was in a Bankruptcy 4 years ago and kept the vehicle she probably reaffirmed the debt. In order to get the title she would have to pay the remaining amount due. If she is on disability and has no money, Ford may repossess the vehicle but she will still owe the difference between the value of the vehicle and the amount due under the contract as reaffirmed or modified in her bankruptcy proceeding.