How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to pay off a civil judgment against me, insuring

Customer Question

I would like to pay off a civil judgment against me, insuring my payment will prevent any future claims or liability. FYI The judgment was about 6 months ago. My attorney failed to tell me deadlines for retrial. He was supposed to file documents for appeal that have not been filed. Now I have received notice of a lien...How do I take care of this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

You will want to contact the lien holder and arrange a general release in exchange for payment in full. The general release form can be purchased at a local legal supply store. The general release states that any and all claims that the lien holders may have against you are released in exchange for the payment.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions