Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I live in Manitoba and my adult son has just applied for bankruptcy.

I live in Manitoba and my adult son has just applied for bankruptcy. He is an authorized user on a Visa credit card of which I am the primary owner. He is worried about it as he has had to cut up all of his credit cards. Would this card have a negative impact on him. I can't see why as I am the one with the responsibility to the card. Thx
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
It should have no effect as this is your debt, not his....he was just authorized to charge on this account. You are the one responsible for payments. If it was cosigned, it would be different, but still would be discharged for him in his case, you would still be responsible in either scenario.