Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

In 2002, I needed to file for bankruptcy. This was not what

Customer Question

In 2002, I needed to file for bankruptcy. This was not what I wanted to do, I needed to. After my case was final, i went back to my creditors and reconfirmed my loans and im still paying on them in good standing. I have came a long way and im doing real well. I now have a 16,000.00 loan and I am paid ahead by three payments. I have paid loans off early and trying real hard to do well. I was a police officer for the last 10 years and Chief of police for the last four years. I retired for a better paying job in a corporation. Could you please tell me how I can get this bankruptcy taken off my credit report. It has now been seven years and think I paid my due for my past. Could you please help me?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately a bankruptcy can stay on your credit report for 10 years. However, you can add a statement to the reports concerning your reaffirmed debt.