johngibson15219
johngibson15219, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar 1980. I'm familiar with the new law.
11542150

I WAS MARRIED TO xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,she bought mobile home and put

I WAS MARRIED TO xxxxxxxxxxx,she bought mobile home and put on my property,after 1 year of marrage she left and filed bankrupsy, was dismissed .the leander claimed 75% from taxes, i paikd13,500.00 on mobile home. the home is the home legally mine. her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed.home is set up permantely,house footings and on cement blocks. on my property.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 8 years ago.
If she filed a Bankruptcy that would not extinguish any security interest that the lender had in the mobile home. So if she bought the mobile home with a loan, then the original lender would have the first lien on the mobile home itself and your bank would have a second lien. You indicate that her case was dismissed rather than discharged. This is an important difference. If the case was dismissed without a discharge being granted then she would still owe the original amount of the purchase loan regardless of what the property is worth. If it was discharged, then she would not be liable for the amount of the loan except to the extent of the value of the mobile home.