socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

I am in manufactured home.7 years into 20 year mortgage.I will

I am in manufactured home.7 years into 20 year mortgage.I will lose ltd this September,702.00/month.I plan to quit paying mortgage let house go back to lender.Is there a better way todo this?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

The only thing that may be worth your doing is waiting a few more months to see what the new Treasury Department refinancing rules may be. They may permit you to refinance into a mortgage that you can afford. Also, Congress is attempting to pass legislation to permit bankruptcy court judges to be able to force loan modifications on lenders, so that could be worth waiting for, too.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.