socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a bankruptcy entered dec 23 08 at 2 30 pm, where the

I have a bankruptcy entered dec 23 08 at 2:30 pm, where the mortgage holder sold te property same day at 10:00 am our bankruptcy was registered the 23 where his sale was not recorded until the 24 by county court he just served eviction ( and would not even look at the bankruptcy seal saying it didn't matter) the bankruptcy went through the 341 a friday there is no record of eviction procedings on docket or county does the seal stand
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Your facts are a bit confusing.

If you're asking whether a summary eviction hearing should have been stopped based on your being unlawfully in the property, then the answer is no, because the property was sold prior to the bankruptcy filing, which means that it was not part of the bankruptcy estate. Therefore any claim arising from your continued possession of the property arose after commencement of the bankruptcy case, and therefore it was not subject to the §362 automatic stay.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but it's the only one I can provide. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking "Accept", you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.