Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I went through a counseling session with consumer credit counseling

I went through a counseling session with consumer credit counseling and was advised that my best option was to file for personal bankruptcy. I agree so I researched local and online services. I found a local law office with a good reputation and an online service with a good reputation. Just from a financial outlook, an online service costs less. Can you provide a list of pros to using a local law office vs an online service?

The main benefit that a lawfirm has over an online service is that a lawyer will sign the petition attesting that he properly prepared the petition and will accompany you to the First Meeting of Creditors. If a problem arises, you will have professional assistance.