CA Lawyer
CA Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Attorney

I have filed bankruptcy and had my initial hearing. The discharge

I have filed bankruptcy and had my initial hearing. The discharge has not come through yet. What my question is am I allowed to sale my house after the bankruptcy is finalized? Do I have to wait for the final discharge to even put my house up for sale or am I not able to sell at all for a certain period of time?
You can list it for sale during the bankruptcy, but in order to close on the sale (if the bankruptcy was still pending) you would need to get the judge's approval.

After the bankruptcy, you could close the sale without the Court's approval at any time.

You typically get your discharge about 61 to 65 days after the 341 meeting (the creditors have 60 days to file objections to discharge or nondischargeability actions).

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!