Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Florida - We are filing a chapter 7 and added our home (in

Florida - We are filing a chapter 7 and added our home (in Florida) to the bankruptcy. Do we have to vacate the home by the bankruptcy date or do we have until the foreclosure date? The bankruptcy date will be happening sooner.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You do not need to vacate your home until you are ordered to do so by the bankruptcy court or the house is sold in the foreclosure sale.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Let me clarify a little bit - I am being told by our lawyer that we need to vacate by the bankruptcy hearing even though house isn't foreclosed on yet. I am trying to find out if that is a law or perhaps just what the lawyer prefers? I am not wanting to vacate for another few months.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
Unless you have a court order stating that you should vacate, it appears to be the lawyer's preference.