Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I just went thru a bankruptcy 8 years ago it was discharged

Customer Question

I just went thru a bankruptcy 8 years ago it was discharged personal and business in 2002. In 2003 I was able to purhase new home and land thru a close family friend and part of the property was put in his name he lived there for 5 years he and my mother have parted ways and though I paid the down payment and all mortgage payments,maintenace and improvements to the property and utilities he has now filed a civil law suit against me and my mother as well claiming a property boundary dispute which is non-exisent. There never has been a dispute with regards XXXXX XXXXX the dispute is that he has all my personal property still on his side of the ranch and has deprived me of access to my property and has removed my personal property from the ranch. 2 years ago he signed a document which was notarized stating that what I have stated above is a fact. I do not have the document now what is my recourse?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

If you are being sued for a "nonexistent" boundary dispute, it appears that the matter could be easily solved by a survey of the premises.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you. However, if I have not completely answered your question, please post me back.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry but I guess you did not understand what we were asking. It was not so much about the boundary dispute as much as it was about how to get our property back quickly since the property was MOVED off the ranch.

I was able to find the answer from doing research myself on the web though. We just need to file a complaint of replevin and then the judge will do a writ of replevin so thank you anyways.

Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
No problem