Attorney T. Lodge
Attorney T. Lodge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Attorney
14913335

I asked neighorhood to give a money for a landlord. Then, she

I asked neighorhood to give a money for a landlord. Then, she went to a post office to make a pay check,
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney T. Lodge replied 5 years ago.
Can you elaborate? What is your exact question ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
  1. I went to went to my neighorhood to send a housing money to landlord. A reason is that I thought I do not have a money to meet landlord.
  2. She went to post office to make a pay check to send a money, but landlord did not get the paycheck from her. Also, she lost pay check receipt.
  3. I paid the housing fee for her about half of amount.
I'm sorry, I cannot understand all of what you are trying to say here.

It sounds like:

1. You asked a neighbor to get a money order for you at the local post office
that you were going to use to pay your rent.

2. She never delivered the money order to the landlord.

3. She claims she lost the money order and does not have the receipt.

Is this an accurate summation of your situation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she delivered the landlord adress, but she mistook the adress or something, so landlord did not get the money. After that, she told me she sent a money order, but she did not have a receipt.
Is it ok could i speak with you in the phone? A reason is that I am a International student, so it is hard to explain to you.
Ok, I think I understand the situation...

But, what is your current question?

Are you being evicted for non-payment of rent?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Also, I paid myself of the half of rent. But i am not sure she paid her for the half of rent.
If I am possible, I try to get all money back.
1. Have you moved out of the apartment?

2. Are you / Were you evicted?

I am confused as to whether your question relates to getting money back from your former neighbor or the landlord ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not move out the apartment. I just troubled with neighor. I try to get money from neighor.
1. Have you asked your landlord is he / she received the 1/2 of the money that was supposed to be received on your behalf by your neighbor?

2. Unfortunately, if you neighbor lost the money or took it from you and DID NOT give it to the landlord, you may be at risk of defaulting under the terms of your lease for non-payment of rent. You would be best advised to pay your landlord out of your pocket and then try to seek redress and compensation from the neighbor separately, perhaps in the context of a small claims action in your local jurisdiction.

Good Luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX and Tom has asked me to respond to your question because he is still learning English. In response to your question...The neighbor still has not given the landlord the money. I have explained your recommendation that he pay the landlord and afterwards take the matter up in small claims against the neighbor.

Tom also asked me to speak to his landlord to ask whether or not the neighbor had paid. Interestingly, the neighbor is very sympathetic to Tom's situation and she feels that Tom shouldn't have to pay anything since the neighbor has admitted that she was given the money by Tom to pay his rent. Apparently the neighbor is claiming that she took the money and transferred it into a money order but claims not to have receipt of the money order. The landlord plans to ask the neighbor once again to pay the money. I think he would have a strong case in small claims. Thank you so much for assisting Mr. Kubota.

If Tom is satisfied with the responses to the question by myself, please ask him to click the green ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

Thank you and Good Luck.
Attorney T. Lodge, Attorney
Experience: 10+ Years Experience Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Attorney