Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney.

I am filing for bankruptcy on my on. Is this a wise decision.

I am filing for bankruptcy on my on. Is this a wise decision. I have filed all my paper work with the bakruptcy court. Is it to late to get an attorney before I meet with the trustee.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 7 years ago.
<p>Whether to represent oneself in bankruptcy is a very personal decision. Some people choose to represent themselves and are able to get through the process. Others like the stability of having a professional knowledgeable about the laws to help them get through. Ultimately, if you feel comfortable that you understand the process and the law that will be applied to your case, then you may be alright on your own. Otherwise, it is not too late to get an attorney, if you desire to use one. </p><p> </p>