Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Can a trustee re open a discharged case

I was discharged through chapter 7 bankruptcy 7 months ago.
I just received a letter from the Trustee's office that there were matters that were unresolved.
I am a sales rep and work on commission. I have a weekly draw against that commission. If I accumulated any commissions through my work after the discharge is the trustee able to ask for those. The letter also states that we had over 2000.00 of non exempt assets through ebay sales. I have not sold anything on ebay over (at least) the past 12 months. He is aslikng that we redeem those assets or turn over for administration.He is also asking for my 2008 tax returns. All this after the discharge over 7 months ago.
Is this possible?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

It appears that although you received your discharge, the case was not closed. Discharge and close are two different things. Discharge pertains to having the debts erased. Close is what the trustee does when he has completed administration of the bankruptcy estate.

You will want to review all documents that you send to the trustee with your attorney prior to sending them.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE