Andrea Ray
Andrea Ray, Attorney
Experience:  Over 5 years experience in consumer and commercial bankruptcy law, Chapters 7 13 and 11

if im going to declare bankruptcy should i continue to pay

if im going to declare bankruptcy should i continue to pay my credit card bills or should i just stop paying altogther   already negotiated with the credit card companies but still cant keep up   thanks terry
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Andrea Ray replied 7 years ago.
If you are planning on filing within the next six months or so, I would stop paying them. You also have to stop using the cards though if you haven't already, or they might try to have the debts held nondischargeable for running them up immediately prior to filing bankruptcy. Keep in mind that when you stop paying them you will begin to receive calls and letters bugging you about the debts, until you actually file for bankruptcy they will keep bugging you.