Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

my main question is how do I keep my georgia home...and where

my main question is how do I keep my georgia home...and where do I file..

I answered your previous post. Please refer to that thread.

You can file in Georgia but must use the Florida exemptions.

You appear able to keep your Georgia home if you continue paying the mortgage payments.

Please post me back on this thread if you need an additional clarification.

Thank you,
Customer/span>

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you..I do not understand about the personnal property is this furniture, dishes,household, jewlery and such...also an investment that no longer pays dividends and a hedge fund with 30k which is all I have in cash to getby until I find a job and my husband gget 1200.00 per month in social security starting in december of this month.

I do not understand about the personnal property is this furniture, dishes,household, jewlery and such...also an investment that no longer pays dividends and a hedge fund with 30k which is all I have in cash to getby until I find a job

Yes all of those items are considered personal property.

I neglected to mention that a new Florida statute provides a $4,000 "wildcard" personal property exemption to bankruptcy debtors who do not claim a homestead exemption. Joint debtors can claim a $8,000 wildcard exemption. Thus you would be able to apply the 8K to your personal property.

and my husband gget 1200.00 per month in social security starting in december of this month.

The SS would be exempt.

I hope that I have helped you. Please accept this answer so that I am paid for my work thus far.

I will request that our prior thread be closed so that you are not double charged by the site.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
Customer/span>

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
One more question the houses in florida are in foreclosure and when they do sell or they take them back they may want the defficet from me...so do I wait to file until they come after me or what does the bankrupsy do to this situation...and I thank you so very much and will handle payment as soon as I get tis answer..one more thing do they know what I have in personnal property..will they take my sofa's and beds and stuff...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have you answered my question about the mortgage defficets..thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am still waiting for a reply....not sure if you understood or if the question got back to you..just concerned if the banks come after me for a deficiet on thhe homes in florida..what does this bankrupsy do for that or should I wait to file until they do come after me...thanks so much

So sorry. I do not know why I did not receive your questions.

If you do not file bankruptcy, the lender can obtain a judgment and proceed against your assets.

You can file bankruptcy now or after the foreclosure. However, you will want to file BEFORE you obtain employment. The bankruptcy will typically discharge (erase) and deficiency.

Typically no one will go to your house to inspect your furniture. You are required to list your personal property at its current market value. For your household items, think garage sale price.

Thank you,
Customer/span>

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you so very much for everything...how do I direct my questions to you since you know all the data...I am so grateful..I can't thank you enough may God Bless You...XXXXX XXXXX .

Thank you very much for accepting my answers and for the bonus.

You can direct your question to me by starting with: