VanDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13

I filed for Ch.7 and I own 2 restaurants as sole proprietor.

I filed for Ch.7 and I own 2 restaurants as sole proprietor. I asked a paralegal to file my bk because I couldn't pay the landlord for 1 restaurant. Paralegal advised me to get a lawyer after filing. But trustee came to the restaurant I want to keep to shut me down. This is my only source of income. Can I still save this situation.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 7 years ago.

You need to get an attorney right away. The attorney can deal with the Trustee, and the issue of shutting down your restaurant. Since the restaurant is your job, and source of income, there are motions that can be filed on our behalf to stop your business from being shut down. It is not to say that you will be able to keep the restaurant depending on your situation, and the assets involved in the restaurant, but you definitely need a bankruptcy attorney to handle this from this point forward.

Most bankruptcy attorney's give free initial consultations, you may want to visit a couple to get some differing opinions on what is going on. The idea of bankruptcy is not to leave you jobless and take everything, I do believe you can remedy the situation but you need legal help to do it.