Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I have a property that is leased to a lawn care company, there

I have a property that is leased to a lawn care company, there is a current mortgage on it and my husband and I are filing for bankruptcy chapter 7, the mortgage and property deed our in both our names, what rights are available for these tenants to keep this property safe from our bankruptcy? They have paid us for 4 years and were almost ready to close a loan when the banking industry went haywire.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ball Ground , Georgia

Already Tried:
I have thought about adding them to the deed, but I need I have just come to the end of myself and don't know what to do. I have to file for bankruptcy, I just don't want to jeopardize the property for them.
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately the status of the lease will be determined by the bankruptcy trustee. The trustee will determine whether to confirm or reject their lease.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE