Andrea Ray
Andrea Ray, Attorney
Experience:  Over 5 years experience in consumer and commercial bankruptcy law, Chapters 7 13 and 11

My husband is filing chapter 13. We dont share any bills

Customer Question

My husband is filing chapter 13. We don't share any bills or bank accounts. I am concerned I will somehow be associated with his chapter 13, I have very good credit and want to keep it. I purchased a house after we were married, although he is not on title. How will his chapter 13 affect me and my house?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Andrea Ray replied 7 years ago.
The only thing that would affect you is if you attempt to get a joint loan. They will pull his credit and the bankruptcy will be considered and will lower your ability to get a loan, or increase the interest rate on the loan. That is the only thing I can think of that would affect you personally, so if you keep doing what you're doing you should be okay.