Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Is it illegal for a creditor to demand you get a lawyer before

Is it illegal for a creditor to demand you get a lawyer before they will work out a reaffirmation agreement in a pro se bankruptcy case and if so what are my options including suing them or asking the court to sanction them or getting a lawyer to ask the court to do the same?
It is not a legal requirement, but the creditor can demand that, and if not , the creditor does not have to reaffirm the debt.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not enough info. Dose it even matter if I have a reaffirmation agreement if I keep paying the debt on time anyways after bankruptcy? I can still keep car right? If I need agreement can the judge force them it on them since in pro se he has to approve any reaffirmation agreement anyways and hold a hearing and file a motion approving the agreement.
You don't have to have a re-affirmation agreement. They are truly for the benefit of the creditors.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't have to reafirm and I still can keep the car as long as I pay? Right? They cant just take it if I keep paying right? Thanks Roz, sorry 4 all the follow up.
Yes. If you continue to pay the note as usual, the creditor has no grounds to cancel the contract.