Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

if i did not reaffirm my loans after a BK can they evict me

Customer Question

if i did not reaffirm my loans after a BK can they evict me sooner then a normal forecloser? in the state of colorado
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

The foreclosure process is not affected by whether a bankruptcy or a reaffirmation was filed. The reaffirmation only pertains to the personal liability involved.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
a person i know did not reaffirm and was evictied in 60 days when she was not even 3 months behind in payments my question is can they do that because i didnt reaffirm and now looked at as a renter not a owner/ im confused by what others are telling me obviously. how long is the forecloser process and is it the same weather i reaffirm or not?
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

The foreclosure process is exactly the same whether or not you reaffirm. Reaffirmation is simply a promise to pay a debt that was discharged in a bankruptcy. If your home is going into foreclosure, you certainly should not promise to pay the mortgage.

I hope that this information has helped you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please ask for FLAandNYLawyer.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit

Bonus and Positive Feedback = job well done.