VanDLaw
VanDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13
10801190

I filed bankruptcy back in Oct 2003 and it is completed in

I filed bankruptcy back in Oct 2003 and it is completed in November of 2003. I had resigned with a company to pay them back a certain amount and didn't pay it all off. They used a vehicle I own as colateral and they have the title to it. I have never been contacted since Feb of 2004 for payment on this loan and they obviously have not come and repossed the vehicle for non payment. Is there a time frame that they have to give me the title back even though I have not payed the ballance off? If not is there a way to get the title back from them possibly for no payment on the loan?

HelloCustomer

They are not going to give you the title as you do not own the car because you did not finish paying off what you owed. If they did not repossess it by now, which believe it or not is becoming more and more common, they are most likely not going to waster their time. If you call them for the title you are may be resurrecting the collection effort. You could try filing a lost title with the your state, see what the requirements are for obtaining one.