Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I HAVE A CONTRACT ON PROPERTY, THE GENTLEMAN BUYING THE PROPERTY

I HAVE A CONTRACT ON PROPERTY, THE GENTLEMAN BUYING THE PROPERTY HAS FILED CHAPTER 7, DO WE NEED TO FILE ANY PAPERWORK WITH THE COURT ON THIS HE HAS EXPRESSED THAT THE PROPERTY WILL BE TURNED BACK OVER TO US
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

You've got an executory contract, which is basically a contract that has not been fully performed. At this point, the buyer cannot fulfill the contract because he is bankrupt. Thus, you will need to file a motion to have the executory contract cancelled. This will allow you to retake your property and get out of the bankruptcy. This should be a mere formality if the bankrupt is agreeable to doing this.

You need to speak to an attorney about filing this for you.