Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

if I filed a small claims on someone, and there attorney called

if I filed a small claims on someone, and there attorney called me and said I was in a bankruptcy suit filed 2 years ago but I was not notified do I have a right to still collect my money?
The only way to know for sure is to ask the ask the attorney to provide you with the specific court documents that show this specific debt was discharged.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so if I get these specific documents and it shows that the debt was discharged does that mean I cant due anything about not being notified
If the debt was discharged, you're not in a good position. The only chance you've got is if you weren't notified of the bankruptcy. In this instance, you can file a motion to reopen the bankruptcy because it was improperly dismissed as a result of failing to notice you. However, if the bankrupt estate has no assets, you'd be doing this for nothing because you wouldn't get any money anyway.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do I need an attorney to file motion to reopen or can I do it myself
My suggestion would be to get an attorney - this is an unusual motion and is fairly technical in nature with regard to the proof necessary to actually have the case re-opened.