Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I have a final summary judgement against me through Volusia

I have a final summary judgement against me through Volusia County,Florida. The amount is $7,930.24 together with costs in amount of $300.00,for a total of $8,230.24,which shall bear interest at a rate of 11% until paid in full. In addition prejudgement interest in sum of $2,756.98,for which let execution issue. I called the law firm,they are not willing to work with me. I cannot afford to pay any of this debt. My credit is not good. What will happen if I do not fill in the fact information sheet or do nothing at all? Form 1.977(fact information sheet) I have 45 days to respond unless the judgement is satisfied.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

If you do nothing at all, the creditor can bring an action to compel you to answer. Additionally, if the creditor is aware of any assets that you own, the creditor can execute upon those assets to collect the debt. This would include a bank account.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE