JP
JP, Attorney
Experience:  Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.
11699753

I HAVE A FORECLOSURE SALE DATE SET FOR 10/7/08, I HAVE A PRIVATE

Customer Question

I HAVE A FORECLOSURE SALE DATE SET FOR 10/7/08, I HAVE A PRIVATE INVESTOR AS MY LENDER, I ALSO HAVE TAX LEIN ON MY HOME FOR COUNTY AND SCHOOL TAXES THAT WERE TO BE PAID DURING CLOSING BUT WERE NOT. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO PREVENT THE SALE AND KEEP MY FAMILY FROM BEING HOMELESS?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  JP replied 8 years ago.

You may need to commence a chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding to stop the foreclosure. Once the bankruptcy case is filed your lender will not be able to proceed with the foreclosure sale. Furthermore, in a chapter 13, you will be able to create a repayment plan to catch up on the mortgage arrears, pay the county and school taxes that were not paid at closing and restructure your debt under a chapter 13 plan.

For those facing mountains of debt, angry bill collectors, and the possibility of loosing their home, bankruptcy provides a certain amount of relief. Declaring bankruptcy will let you breath and catch a break. You will be able to rebuild your life and your financial standing without worrying about foreclosure, repossession, or other stressful events.

In fact, this is the greatest advantage about declaring bankruptcy; the reprieve from the collection agents and pending foreclosure. Once you file for bankruptcy, the bill collectors will stop calling, the foreclosure, and the repossession measures will come to an immediate halt.

I actually live in Katy, Texas, but I have an office on 59 and Hillcroft, not far from the beltway. If you would like my assistance in commencing a chapter 13 case to stop the foreclosure and restructure your debt payments, then feel free to contact me at [email protected] . We can schedule an appointment to get this handled for you on an emergency basis on Monday.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Best Regards.

Expert:  JP replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for accepting my answer. However, if you need assistance with filing a bankruptcy case to save your home, don't forget to contact me at my office email address provided in my prior answer.

Best Regards.