Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have proven to the credit reporting agency Equifax that a

Customer Question

I have proven to the credit reporting agency Equifax that a tax lien that was filedand recorded in Clark County in 1999 and was discharged in my 1999 bankruptcy in Federal Court in WA State, yet they refuse to show that it was discharged on my credit report. The other 2 Transunion and Experian have recognized and have taken the said tax lien off my credit report. I know that it an FTC violation when they deliberately report inaccurate information. I want to file some type of suit against them.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

If you have gone through the Equifax process of challenging an entry, and they still won't remove the inaccuracy, your next step is to file a complaint with the FTC under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Once you file the complaint, Equifax will be obligated to prove that the entry is legitimate and still outstanding, and if it cannot, it will be ordered to remove it without question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already filed a complaint online with the FTC. How fast do they respond to a complaint? Do they really try and help you with matters like this?
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
They absolutely help! The FTC is the IRS of the debt collection world! However, it could take several months to make some progress.