Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE FROM START TO FINISH WHEN FILING CHAPTER

HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE FROM START TO FINISH WHEN FILING CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
In the typical Chapter 13 bankruptcy case, you will be required to establish and follow a debt repayment plan, which can last from 3-5 years. However, the actual court proceedings you'll have to attend are relatively simple and straightforward, lasting anywhere from 8-12 months.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
   I own my own business which Im down 20% due to slugish economy and my house lost all my equity. I went from making $1200 a week to $400 a week to try to survive with my business.I would like to know the longest time it could take when filing chapter 13 bankruptcy because the longer i have the better the chances are to recover
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
You can string out a Chapter 13 for a year. That's going to be about as long as it will survive because the trustee will step in and force the action.