Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filled for bankruptcy and listed everyone. I went to refinance

I filled for bankruptcy and listed everyone. I went to refinance our home and found out that there was still a judgement. How can I remove the judgement, so I can proceed with my refinanceing?

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You will need to reopen your bankruptcy and bring an adversary action to void the lien. You will need to find a bankruptcy attorney to assist you. It is not a simple process.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The bankruptcy is not closed

Are you in a Chapter 7 or 13? In either event you cannot refinance without court approval? Did you obtain the approval? Was Bary Taub an attorney who assisted you?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I filed chapter 13. No, Barry Taub is not an attorney. He was a paralegal, advertized in the news paper and phone book and charged a fee to prepare and file the papers. However he was found guilty of misrepensation and lost his licence to pratice law. I did not know I needed to get court approvial.

Yes you will need to request court approval to apply for a loan. You may also be able to bring an adversary action to void the liens. You will need to have an atorney assist you with the adversary - not a paralegal.

I hope that this information has helped you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please ask for FLAandNYLawyer.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit

Bonus and Positive Feedback = job well done.