TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

If you have summoned to pay a debt, is too latf to eile your debt thro

company. I am located in Illinois

Same questionl If you have been summoned to pay a debt, is it too late to file your debt through a consolidation company?

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to address your legal question.

Debt consolidation companies are absolutely powerless from a legal perspective. Regardless of whether a lawsuit has been filed or not, the creditor is under no obligation to work with the company. The only reason the creditor would do so is to try to get something out of the debtor, even if just a fraction of what is owed.

To that extent, the answer to your question is “no, it is not too late since the creditor can work with the consolidation company at any time if it is willing.”

If the information that I provided was helpful, please remember to ACCEPT my post as that is the only way I will receive credit and compensation for my answer. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be sufficiently addressed in this setting. Accordingly, my post is intended as general information only, and should neither be construed as specific legal advice, nor as an adequate substitute for the retention of legal counsel.