Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I filed bankruptcy and they put it on my husbands credit report

I filed bankruptcy and they put it on my husbands credit report because of our mortgage company. He was not on the bankruptcy just me. I am not on the original note for the house because my credit is bad. Can they put this on my husbands credit when I was never on the note for the house mortgage? He had nothing to do with the bankruptcy it was because of my ex husband and debts incurred from him.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Your husband will need to contact each of the credit reporting companies in writing and demand that the erroneous information be removed. He will need to make his demand in writing. If the credit reporting agencies do not remove the erroneous derogatory information, your husband can consider an action against the reporting companies under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE