Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

We just got dismissed from Chapter 13 and need to go to a Chapter 7, what do we do

Customer Question

Our Lawyer was told to stop practicing due to a heart attack. His paralegal said we should file a Chapter 7 and said his wife was a Lawyer, but he really didn't proceed with it and would not return my calls. Now all the creditors are calling. We are trying to keep our house and cars and we still need legal help.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

You will need to file a Motion to Convert or a Notice of Conversion, depending on your Court’s local procedures. There is a $25 filing fee involved. You can contact the bankruptcy court to obtain a copy of the required form. If they do not have the form, you will need to go to your local law library to obtain a copy from a form book.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where do I find out where a Law Library is?
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

If you call the local courthouse they can direct you. Most local courthouses have a library available. Best wishes.