VanDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13

I am working with a debt settlement company and I am being

I am working with a debt settlement company and I am being taken to court by a collection agency/law firm it is a pre-civil case. I am losing my job in 6 months how long what it be if they wanted to pull from my wages or will they settle with the Debt settlement company. I will have the debt to pay the law firm

Any execution on a judgment they may get would have to come after the judgment was acutally ordered. If you are in pre-trial negotiations they have not received a judgment as of yet. Once they get the judgment they then issue a Writ of Execution on any wages,or bank accounts, if they can find them.

You have to be noticed on the trial, and on the Writ of Execution. You have the opportunity to tell the court why they should not be able to freeze your bank accounts. You can ask for a hearing, and then it must be scheduled with the Courts.

is not automatic that once a creditor gets a judgment they start collecting on the judgment, there are other steps they must take. It is hard to state how long it will take because every Court calendar is different and every Creditor is different. Some are more aggressive.

If they do accept your offer of settlement, there will be no judgment, therefore they cannot attach assets or garnish wages at all.