Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I found out yesterday my house was sold in forclosure. I did

I found out yesterday my house was sold in forclosure. I did not see this coming. I was told after I had sent in all the required paperwork to my mortgage company, w2's, bank statements and much much more, that I qaulified for assistance and that everything would be just fine. I have my proof of e-mails and cell phone logs to show my cooperation and committment in keeping my home. The mortagage company said the forclosure would be stopped since I had provided everything they needed. I'm a single mother with two children and we have worked hard for our home, this is our first home. Do I have any rights? Something in my heart tells me this is not upright and good. I thought they were helping us. I'm so hurt by this and afraid. I just cannot believe this has happened. What next?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

What a terrible situation to be in.

You may file a petition with the court immediately to set aside the forelcosure on the basis of the lender's agreement to permit reinstatement.

Since you do not have a signed agreement, it may be a difficult but certainly not impossible argument to win. You will want to retain a competent attorney to assist you.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE