JP, Attorney
Experience:  Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.

can my ex-husband take into account, when applying for bankruptcy,

can my ex-husband take into account, when applying for bankruptcy, the joint business account and a credit card used for busines but was just in my name?
Your husband will have to include all debt that is listed in his name. If you are joint on an account it will still have to be listed because his name is XXXXX XXXXX If you are the only person on the account then your husband will not have to include the debt in his bankruptcy. But again, if his name is XXXXX XXXXX it has to be listed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What should i do in the meantime regarding creditors requesting payment for these debts?
If you are not listed on the debts and they belong only to your ex-husband, you should have them contact your ex-husband. If you are contractually obligated to repay the debt in any way then you should make payment arrangements in an effort to safeguard your credit.