JP, Attorney
Experience:  Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.

getting out of old bills

Customer Question

I want to find a way to get out of old bills if I pay for them all I will not have nothing to live on. and will lose my home. I can not file chapter 7 becase I did 6 years ago. how can I make this write so i can get on with my life.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  JP replied 8 years ago.

You may want to consider enrolling in a debt management plan (DMP).

A DMP is not credit counseling, and is not for everyone. Consider signing on for one of these plans only after a certified credit counselor has spent time thoroughly reviewing your financial situation, and has offered you customized advice on managing your money. Even if a DMP is appropriate for you, a reputable credit counseling organization still will help you create a budget and teach you money management skills.

Reputable credit counseling organizations advise you on managing your money and debts, help you develop a budget, and usually offer free educational materials and workshops. Their counselors are certified and trained in the areas of consumer credit, money and debt management, and budgeting. Counselors discuss your entire financial situation with you, and help you develop a personalized plan to solve your money problems.

You should start with a local bank or credit union in your area, they should be able to lead you in the right direction towards a reputable credit counseling agency in your area that will be able to provide the assistance and the guidance that you need.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I new that and have been doing that. So yes I will accept yor answer but you did not tell me nothing that I did not know,
Expert:  JP replied 8 years ago.