TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My name is Graydon Dear sir, looking for debt ...

My name is Graydon:   Dear sir, looking for debt relief, came upon DEPT ELIMMINATION. Basically they deal with "ultra veries"(?)   My question is what they are telling me that credit cards are used as FRAUD, so therefor I can legally get my credit cards back to ZERO?        Please send to my E-MAIL adress,          XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.        Thank you very much.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Hi. I'd like to help if I can, but I'm confused by your question. Are you asking if you owe a credit card debt that was fraudulently made? Can you provide a background for your situation? How were the charges fraudulently made?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Sir, Just want to know if this is a SCAM or ligit? They cite US court, Supreem Court Decisions TITLE 15 US Code 1692, Fair Dept Collections Practices Act, Section 1601.& the Fair credit Billing Act, uniform commerital codesection 203. Thank you, DrAffirmed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
I would need to know exactly what your circumstances are, and exactly what you have been told.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Sir, We have alot of DEBT. They(Debt Elimmination) are offering for a price to ELIMMINATE all Credit card bills & any NON secured Personal Loans. I am just trying to find out if this is LEGAL or a SCAM.   Thank you, DrAffirmed. PS if it helps DE says all Credit Cards are ULTRE VIRES. I would just like to know YES or NO.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to address your legal question.

Based on what you wrote, I can only assume that the service you’re asking about is a scam. Debts cannot be eliminated unless they are paid, forgiven, discharged in bankruptcy, or by court order (for example, in cases of fraud, forgery, etc.). You haven’t suggested that any of the preceding circumstances apply, however, and it doesn’t sound like the service has provided much information as to how your debt will be eliminated.

The fact that the service told you that credit cards are “ultra vires” is pure nonsense and makes no legal sense. Ultra vires generally refers to acts by a corporation that are beyond the scope of its powers. It sounds like the service is just throwing out some fancy legal terms in order to impress.

Remember the old saying, “If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.” If I were you, I’d stay away from that service.

If the information that I provided was helpful, please remember to ACCEPT my post as that is the only way I will receive credit and compensation for my answer. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be sufficiently addressed in this setting. Accordingly, my post is intended as general information only, and should neither be construed as specific legal advice, nor as an adequate substitute for the retention of legal counsel.

TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JD, MBA