Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney.

An attorney is helping to set up an LLC which will have ...

An attorney is helping to set up an LLC which will have stock that I have disclaimed to my children .I will be the controlling partner of the LLC. I want to try and protect these assets for my children. Is an LLC well protected from any personal judgements etc.?

Thank you for your question.

As long as your LLC is properly formed and company has a proper business purpose that has nothing to do with your personally, then the LLC's assets should be protected from any personal judgments against you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!