Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have a couple of debts that are 6-7 years old (since I ...

I have a couple of debts that are 6-7 years old (since I last made a payment on them). All these debts originated when I lived in Oregon. Since then I have moved to Montana. I know there is a Statute of Limitations on collection of old debts. In Oregon I believe it is six years while in Montana it is eight. What I was wondering is are these debts subject to the SOL of the state where they originated or where I reside at present?

The statute of limitation of the state in which you are a resident citizen will apply - Montana in your case.

This is so because if the creditors wanted to sue you for the debt, they would have to file suit in Montana - not Oregon - because that's where you live.